Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 30, 2009

Stupid Peanut Butter Recall

Really, the timing of this couldn't be worse. Don't they know how much I love and depend on peanut butter? It's bad enough that work sold me a recalled Luna bar , now poor Maddie has been chomping on recalled treats. Nothing says, "good girl" like a bout of Salmonella, right? Thankfully both Maddie and I are a-okay.

The one who suffers the most here? Poor Baby Boy. He loves peanut butter. His favorite treat (used to be): one slice of honey wheat bread, a nice layer of peanut butter (spread with my fabulously wonderful new peanut butter knife), topped off with some strawberry jelly. Polish off with a glass of skim milk and he will dance around happily. It's a win/win for me...I get a fab snack and some entertainment as my belly moves around. Don't get me wrong...he moves a lot all the time...but there's nothing quite like the PB&J dance.

As I have mentioned before...I haven't had weird cravings, really just carbs (specifically Cheez-its). I guess I forgot about my need for a PB&J each and every day. As a matter of fact, PB was one of the first things that I craved that I actually had to leave the house to get. The thought of PB and graham crackers came across my mind and I needed to have it. The funniest part... it was a brand specific craving. I've always been a Skippy girl. I needed to have JIF?! I bought that first jar of JIF and have never gone back to Skippy again. Sadly, until this whole PB fiasco is over, my jar of JIF will sit in the pantry and my fabulous PB knife will not see the light of day either.

No comments: